Saturday, October 17, 2009

That's it for Me!



Well, not as good a day today. The waves were smaller and breaking right at the shore. I did something bad to my shoulder on the second ride and couldn't seem to get a grip on the board after that. I did get up a few times for a short ride, but I had to get right next to the pier. You did say, "get as close to the pier as possible," right Bob? Still, a bad day at the beach is better than a good day writing course material!

The fog never lifted at the beach all day. This was great for me because it minimized the chance of sunburning. I think I need to invent a surfing hat with a strap for all the old surfer guys with thinning hair. I walked out on the pier after the waves died down to see the fishing. People were catching sardines and makerel and lots of them.

I think my body has hit the wall. It has been a great experience, though, and I believe more than ever that you shouldn't wait too long to get that bucket emptied. You can always fill it again. I'm taking tomorrow to write (a much less physical!) bucket list #2.

No comments: