Saturday, November 7, 2009

I Wonder if i Will ever Put Pants on today?


This blog was written Thursday, November 5.

It has been a very odd week so far. My mind tends to run more than one train of thought at any give time, but this week it has been more like grand central station. At about 3pm today a thought popped into my head that brought all the trains to a stop momentarily. I thought to myself, "I wonder if I will ever put pants on today?" What caused me to stop and apply 100% of my attention to this thought was the absurdity of it! With everything going on this week, who cares if I have pants on!

So what am I up to today? Well, I am trying to pack for India. I leave on Saturday. I packed my carry-on day pack and discovered that everything I needed fit. There is something disturbing about fitting everything I need for a 2.5 week trip to India in a book bag. Everyone else shows up at the airport with 2 huge bags, a computer case, and a purse. In the end, I got my backpack out and put stuff in it just so I have something for the airlines (I will be on 5 different carriers) to lose.

Jack's old bedroom is now painted, and I hung the new blinds in the window. The bathroom got a new coat of yellow paint as well. It takes longer to do one little bathroom than it does to paint the whole bedroom. Bathrooms require the removal of the toilet tank, removal of the towel racks and such, and miles of masking. I guess that is why I have never painted it before. I replaced the bathtub spout because it had been broken off. How do you break a tub spout off?

I refinished the dining room table--it has needed doing for 15 years--and I think it looks better than new! Why do people insist upon covering beautiful wood with dark stain or paint? With a little luck the coffee cups won't stick to the table now.

As I was packing, in my underwear, I was also talking with India, Africa, and the center of the universe, Ontario. Is there something wrong with me that I had two computers and a Bluetooth ear piece all in service at the same time but couldn't get around to putting on my pants? Well, tomorrow I will be installing blinds and setting up beds, so maybe I will give up on pants today and think about finding pants for tomorrow.

Next time I blog I will be in India. If you are thinking about giving a computer tuition sponsorship to someone for Christmas, let me know. (Don't know what I am talking about? Click here.) Your credit is good with me. I still need help filling the 20 seats in Champai at the CCIT. (Click here for instructions to donate on line)

No comments: