Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bolivia Photo Night

The group that traveled to Bolivia in May met on Sunday to have a photo night. Everyone was able to attend, and even some who did not go on the trip showed up. Each person was asked to show their favourite 20 pictures they took. For the most part, people used their own photos, but there was some poaching of those classic shots. Even though some of the pictures were the same, often the stories behind the pictures were different. Below are a few of the group favorites:




Wilma strategically arranged more than one photo on a power point slide calling it one picture. Sneaky, but technically correct. Lyle, on the other hand, blatantly disregarded the rules and just went quickly through his top 65. One the other side, Neil and Alicia only showed 20 pictures between them. I guess this is the true sign that they are a team. They also brought some beautiful prints for us to look at between presentations. It is obvious the difference a good camera and operator make! Many of the pictures chosen were not great quality, but it has been my experience that the picture is really a symbol or a reminder for a memory.

OK, enough of the polite stuff. The real reason for the evening was to eat and have fun. This was a big theme on the trip too--eat and have a laugh. We had a dessert potluck with the pictures. That meant that every time we had a break to load another set of pictures, we got to sample another dessert! I managed to trade my 20th picture for a pair of socks (ask Corinne to add a comment to this blog to explain), and I got to roast Lyle! Poor Lyle seemed to have a series of bad...sorry, make that 'unique'--pictures taken of him. As I was going through the combined set, I kept coming across pictures of Lyle that were dying for a witty caption. I packaged the pictures up in a little video and added captions (notice I didn’t say "witty"). Please click on this link to view. I thank Lyle for laughing almost as loudly as I was. But don’t think I don’t know that he will get even with me! Thanks for a great trip. Who is coming with me next May?

No comments: