Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Huh, It’s Not a Dream



First words out of Brent’s mouth this morning, "Huh, its not a dream". He is getting better at sleeping on the top bunk. Last night he never dropped his pillow or blanket, too bad there are only 2 sleeps left here at CERENID. Corinne is making popcorn for the hike today, we know what her comfort food is. Crystal dreamed that we met Brad Pit in Samaipata and then she and Michelle Obama became best friends as they raced speed boats down the Amazon river. I think the river reference was her allergies kicking in last night!



Jaun did a front break cylinder this morning, he is a talented man! Lyle observed the process and commented that we are definitely not in Canada. It is a good thing that he did the brakes, because we drove to the fern forest today and the road was the scariest I have ever been on! It wound up one mountain, down another, then back up a third. Neil is not a fan of heights, and bailed out about three quarters of the way up the first mountain. We picked him up at the bottom on the way back.



The fern forest was a lot of walking if you were not a plant person, but for Wilma it was very cool! For the rest of us the scenery was very spectacular. They call it the cloud forest because the clouds continue to roll over the mountain peak. Brent took the GPS with him today so he could tell us that we started at about 1500 m and topped out at 2333m, I swear it felt like we walked more than that!

I am sitting in the central square in Samipatia right now writing this, by the time I will get to post it, I will be back in Santa Cruz, so I am sucking in the calmness of this place now while I can. I feel very much at peace when I am here, can’t explain why, but I do. We are off to a German smorgasbord and I have no doubt I will be far too full to write anything tonight so till tomorrow, peace be with you.

No comments: